Tuesday 21 September 2010

My music video Proposal

The song I have chosen to make a music video for is ‘Saturday Night’ by McFly. Which the lyrics, tell the story which should be told.

One of my main ideas is to have the performers in front of a webcam performing. Filming from many different angles. Such as high angle, canted angle and perhaps and arc shot. I would also film a few fans watching this performance on their home computers, using an over the shoulder shot so show the performance on screen. To get this performance from many different angles, I would have to film it many times using one angle at a time possibly with a projection on a wall behind them, then during the editing process I will then be able to fit these into the video.

When filming the narrative side of the song, I was thinking of using a couple of cars, one of which I would use for the performers to drive along in while I am in the other car with the camera using a following shot of them driving. Another scene I thought I could do with the cars is, while the performer’s car is stationary I thought I would film a load of people getting in, during the line ‘...then I’ll come and pick you up...’

I have also thought about filming the performers in colour and the extras in black and white for some of the scene, perhaps during the lyrics, ‘...get a little talk from my dad...’

I also thought that I could do a bit of tracking in the editing stage where I take a shot of the performers and zoom out and its on the computer screen. 

Most of my influence have come from videos McFly have already made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h76uVRSJ5bc , and other videos of the same genre, such as Busted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPdqO7odBYM&feature=related  and Jonas Brothers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCXiczrRUSg.

I have sent McFly a message to ask if I can use this song, the only way I could find, via Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment